First, you must log in to the online casino you wish to play at. If you don’t have an account yet, you need to create one. You must then make a deposit so that you can place bets in the game.
You have the option to choose between a lot of transfer methods. Then you have to select the “Live Dealer” category and then you have to select Live Hold Em’ from the list of available games. There may be different versions of the game, so be aware when choosing your game.
Once you have chosen the game, you will find that the game’s live stream has a setup exactly like you would find in a real casino – there is a gaming table with a live dealer who will shuffle and deal the cards.
This setup will be streamed live to you while there are several cameras filming the game in real time. There are some similarities with the regular version of online hold em’, mainly in the way players make their bets.
To make a bet, you must choose the amount you want to bet, then you must place the chip on the circles marked with “Ante” and “Call”. When the players have made their bets, the dealer will shuffle and deal the cards to the players – a “Random Number Generator” will not be used.
Where can I play live poker?
Not all Danish online casinos offer people to play live poker. Typically, you only see the casinos offering the traditional form of online poker, which is a game where you are matched against a “computer” dealer. This gives a slightly different atmosphere than if you can see the dealer deal the cards and you can see the cards physically.
You can play live casino at a number of different online casinos, but the five that we recommend the most when it comes to live poker are:
- Casinoet Spilnu – Here you can find several different live casino games, which are sometimes also Danish
- Tivoli Casino – At Tivoli Casino there are many good live casino games, and live poker can easily be played here
- Maria Casino – A good casino that has a good selection of live casino games
- Karamba – Good Scandinavian casino that has live poker games as well as other types of live casino games
- Casino.dk – A formidable selection of casino games, which can also often be played in a live version
It can be a good idea to train and get to know the game well before you start playing for real money. Right here, you can find an overview of the places where you can play free poker.
Rules of live dealer poker
The idea behind live hold em’ is very simple – the player’s hand must be better than the dealer’s hand, and thus not better than the other players’ hands. Your hand is formed by looking at your two cards as well as the community cards, after which you must have a value higher than the dealer’s to win.
- All players make their bets before the cards are dealt. You must make an ante bet where there will also be optional side bets.
- You will see a live dealer shuffle the cards, after which the dealer will deal two cards to each player, and also two cards to himself.
- After the cards are dealt to the players and the dealer, the dealer will place three community cards in the middle of the table.
- The cards are turned over, after which the player must decide whether they want to:
- Fold, stop playing and lose the ante bet
- Raise, after which the call bet will double the ante bet.
- After all the players at the table have chosen to either fold or raise, the dealer will place two more community cards on the table, so that there are a total of 5 cards on the table.
- The dealer now turns his cards over on the table. For the dealer to qualify, the dealer must have par 4 or better.
- The player and the dealer must now make the best possible poker hand consisting of 5 cards. This hand is made up of their own 2 cards and the community cards in the middle of the table. It is this hand that will be compared to the dealer’s hand.
The following outcomes may occur:
If the dealer does not qualify, then all players at the table will win the payouts for their winnings according to the payout table. The raise bet ends with push/stand-off.
If the dealer’s hand qualifies and the dealer’s hand beats the players hand, then the player will lose the ante bet and the raise bet.
If the player’s hand beats the dealer’s hand, then the player will be paid for the ante bet according to the payout table. The Raise bet is paid 1-1.
If the dealer qualifies with a hand of the same value as the dealer, both bets will push (tie).
The above steps can be repeated many times if the player wants to play for a longer time. When it comes to live hold em’, players should remember to check available times and the length of the sessions. Since a real dealer is used in the game, you can only play at special times. You can always choose to leave a game session if you don’t want to play anymore.
You must remember to be aware of the bet limits at the chosen casino you play at, as these can vary. You should also check the exact house edge for the game as it can also be slightly different from casino to casino. If you can’t remember which hands are the best and worst in poker, you can read more about them at DanskeOnlineCasinoer, so you can improve your odds against the dealer.